Monday, July 06, 2009

A Glimpse of the Past

I've been a web writer right after I graduated. To be honest, I find it both boring and challenging at the same time. It's challenging because I’m writing about something I’m not familiar with and is not even in my interests (its all about cars) though am dreaming to have one of my own someday. It ‘s rather boring at the same time because we have to make contents of the same topic, over and over, and almost to the nth time. Good thing there were changes as the company grew. It sort of "spiced things up" and added a twist to the boring routine that we do. People come and go as years passed. I established bonds with my fellow SEO people, became friends with many and enemies with a few(lolz!). The moments we shared together were truly worth cherishing and it indeed eased up the hassle and bustle of work. But unfortunately, or rather fortunately (or let's say both fortunately and unfortunately, we got separated from the company in a "not-so'good" way.


On the night of "The Purge" - The Last Suffer


A Curse Turned Blessing

Yet, I know that it's actually part of the thrill and reality of living. Some things are not within our control, or others just pop out of nowhere but of course, I believe we always have control on how we react to those unexpected moments. Thanks to Bro. Bo for his daily dose of inspirations as well as for the seeds of faith passed over to me by my beloved parents. I believe that was of great help for me to cope up with what happened, fast and easy. And in spite of what happened, real friends lived on. And I’m glad we’re still crossing paths from time to time no matter how busy we are.

As for me, what happened was more of a blessing in disguise. At times the great things we hold dear to us are taken away from us because He wants to give us something better and greater. For a year, I had no permanent "earthly" job to boast off. I had no income as constant and as “more than enough” salary I had from my job, along with the sidelines(lolz), but that’s when I realized that happiness, peace and contentment can’t indeed be bought and paid with money. Though of course, money is an important commodity and it affects every aspect of our life but still, it’s not the MOST important priority so to say.

The vacant days and months I had gave me time to see what really are important and essential in life. I had great time with my family – cooking for them, doing chores at home (which I wasn’t able to do that much because I wasn’t able to spend much time at home), watching tv and movies with them, eating meals with them, chatting with them – these are just but simple moments but it gives me a feeling of peace and contentment. Indeed, searching for happiness is not something so complex, at times it’s just in the ordinary and simple, that we fail to see it. In fact, it’s just right in front of us, like our family and friends.

I also had a grrreaaater time serving my community, my fellow youth to be specific (ehem.. youth refers to people aged 15 and up, and I’m still included in that bracket..lolz). That was actually, what I have been asking for. I want to serve and be of service, and He did show me how. I realized that the more people I serve and share myself with, the more I grow and the more I enjoy being human and fully alive. It’s nice to meet and be with people with views and personalities different from you.

To Make a BIG Difference, Start with the Small and Simple

I want and I always want to make a difference, and I guess each one of us also aspires to do such. It’s a calling for each and one of us since we have different roles to perform and different missions to accomplish. We have our own fields and core gifts waiting to be discovered, honed and maximized, not just for our own glory but to fill out the role that’s really meant for us. And the challenge for us is to stand out and be the best that we can be in our own niche. We are given with unique sets of core gifts and how we make use of those is our best gift to our Giver. Core gifts are talents and skills that are inherent in us, that which you have edge over others. It’s something that propels you to do something with passion. It’s that thing that defines you. You can know your gifts through that something which you really like to do, and you’re really happy doing it. Mine is singing, writing, speaking and a little bit of dancing. But I’d rather sing.

Yet way back, I thought making a difference mean doing something BIG and not so ordinary. Yet I realized that giving your best even in the simple and small things that you do and in a way that only you can do is enough to make a big difference. You can start by being the best daughter or son, the best sister, friend or buddy in your own simple ways. You may think it wouldn’t matter much but they say its the simple things in life that greatly matters. And it’s actually in sharing yourself, in doing something simple and ordinary in the best way you can, that you can truly be happy, at peace and contented.

No comments: